So I'm here! Some days are good and some days are worse.
Kinda wish I would've taped my journey.
But then I think about how horrific it was and how I am still not near being healed. I hear everything from 2 months to 6 months to a year to who knows for you to get the best results and heal.
Well 10 days out I am impressed with what I see and no darn well I am far from being healed.
Still swelling and I know that is going to be around.
Hopefully getting my 2nd drain pulled on Tuesday. I had my first one pulled 5 days later and could feel it snaking through my tummy. Yuck.
I have alot of swelling in the drain area and above my new belly button. Like rock hard and I can't stretch at all. You aren't supposed to anyways but even if I wanted to I could not. Like she sewed me too tight!
Sleeping upright sucks butt. Speaking of butt it is NUMB from being on it forever.
I got chewed out by the nurse because I was apparently doing too much too soon..like walking! I guess the first 10 days are critical like stay in bed. Nope cannot do that peeps.
But Troy buckled down and I was stuck. I begged him to take me out and I admit I can't walk or be on my feet for too long. But it was nice to be out of this house. I started feeling like I did with my bypass stuck inside. Most of that was in a hospital though :(
He has been so good to me as usual. He changes my bandages and either wraps me up in the comfortable garment or slips on the dreadful torture garment.
Finally got to shower which was odd. Needed help there too because I can't stand long without the support of the garment. I am completely numb all over so it feels too weird.
I could go on and on....
So I thought I would post some why not pics lol!
I took way more but just picked a few to post.
Warning you may see blood.

On the way to the hospital

The lovely purple socks I lived in for 8 hours

woke up to this lovely sight

Can't believe I put this gawd awful pic up. This is after we came home and I have zero makeup on and the best drugged smile ever.

little peek of my drains and my preferred compression garment that I shouldn't be wearing lol.

watching lots of movies online and super sick of watching lots of movies and being on the computer, Kindle and Iphone. SICK.

So I do alot of this I guess! One of the kids snapped this of me.
So no before and after pics yet. Not too brave for that. Maybe after the drain is out and the bandages come off?
But I will don't worry :)
Kinda wish I would've taped my journey.
But then I think about how horrific it was and how I am still not near being healed. I hear everything from 2 months to 6 months to a year to who knows for you to get the best results and heal.
Well 10 days out I am impressed with what I see and no darn well I am far from being healed.
Still swelling and I know that is going to be around.
Hopefully getting my 2nd drain pulled on Tuesday. I had my first one pulled 5 days later and could feel it snaking through my tummy. Yuck.
I have alot of swelling in the drain area and above my new belly button. Like rock hard and I can't stretch at all. You aren't supposed to anyways but even if I wanted to I could not. Like she sewed me too tight!
Sleeping upright sucks butt. Speaking of butt it is NUMB from being on it forever.
I got chewed out by the nurse because I was apparently doing too much too soon..like walking! I guess the first 10 days are critical like stay in bed. Nope cannot do that peeps.
But Troy buckled down and I was stuck. I begged him to take me out and I admit I can't walk or be on my feet for too long. But it was nice to be out of this house. I started feeling like I did with my bypass stuck inside. Most of that was in a hospital though :(
He has been so good to me as usual. He changes my bandages and either wraps me up in the comfortable garment or slips on the dreadful torture garment.
Finally got to shower which was odd. Needed help there too because I can't stand long without the support of the garment. I am completely numb all over so it feels too weird.
I could go on and on....
So I thought I would post some why not pics lol!
I took way more but just picked a few to post.
Warning you may see blood.
On the way to the hospital
The lovely purple socks I lived in for 8 hours
woke up to this lovely sight
Can't believe I put this gawd awful pic up. This is after we came home and I have zero makeup on and the best drugged smile ever.
little peek of my drains and my preferred compression garment that I shouldn't be wearing lol.
watching lots of movies online and super sick of watching lots of movies and being on the computer, Kindle and Iphone. SICK.
So I do alot of this I guess! One of the kids snapped this of me.
So no before and after pics yet. Not too brave for that. Maybe after the drain is out and the bandages come off?
But I will don't worry :)
......
xo
xo
Ooooh, I missed your last post (Negative Nancy one) until just now. You poor thing! I'm SO glad you are not sugar-coating it but I'm also really glad that your second post-op post sounds a bit better. More hopeful? I wouldn't post after pics yet either...lol. Wait until you feel better, and some of the swelling is gone, etc. I'm sure as with everything that seems bad at the time, it WILL get better. Here's hoping that it gets better SOON. Hugs!
ReplyDelete