Ok. I DO feel much better than I did laying like a dying dog either on my couch or in a hospital bed.
BUT. I do not feel happy YET about having it done.
Yes it shaved off 63 whopping lbs from my body. That part is sometimes unbelievable to me. I could not have done that on WW. At least I don't think.
But when you experience something traumatic in your life..it takes a long time to come to terms with it and accept what happened to you and move on.
My c-section with Mila was the worst surgery out of the other c-sections. I was traumatized by what I went through with delivering her. Let's just say I am so happy my tubes are tied!! Heck I would take delivering my almost 10 lb Eric without drugs again!
But it took me awhile to get over it. Thank God I am not having anymore babies but if I ever had to have a spinal done...whoa! You better knock me out.
Back to weight loss.
I am grateful I was given the chance to get healthy and lose this weight. I am grateful I made it out of surgery okay. I am grateful for my supportive family and friends. Especially Troy.
I am grateful that I can eat and drink without being fed through a PICC line. The fact that I can get in enough calories to stay off of the line is great.
Grateful my double chin is long gone.
Not grateful for the hell I went through. Finally put ME first and I endured the most horrific thing I have ever been through.
So no Doc. Not quite ecstatic about what you did to me.
But I hope that I will one day.
............
xo
Oddly, you sound pretty happy . . . maybe just enjoy :D I know I do.
ReplyDeleteMy friend call me small the other day "Jenny, you are so small. I never realized what a little person you are." lol. The little things.
i am so glad i found your blog. i am on a weight loss journey myself and have been searching for other inspiration. but oh my word, you have been through so much. i feel like i can relate in a small way, by a lot of hospitalizations and then eventually just wanting to live. i am so happy you have your picc out and are feeling better. thank you for your story. it helps to know that others have had some crappy stuff thrown at them as well and are pushing through it. congrats on your lbs lost.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel like ugh why couldn't I do this on my own?? And then I remember oh wait, I've tried.. my entire life!! Lol im thankful for surgery but ill be.more thankful when I see more results :)
ReplyDelete