a place where I can document my weight loss surgery journey..the good, the bad and whatever is thrown my way
Sunday, January 30, 2011
my savior
I have never been a good fluid intaker.
Before surgery I LOVED Crystal Light lemonade. But along came my "intestine prep" a few days before surgery and it killed it for me. Can never look at that or chicken bouillon cubes in the same light again.
When I got hospitalized numerous times after my surgery I still could not take a sip of anything due to extreme nausea. That's why I had my nutrition pumped into me!
But now I have to get in 48-64 ounces minimum daily.
No protein shakes for me yet. Gross, nasty and they traumatized me quite frankly.
I like water with lemon but gets old after awhile.
Surgery changed my taste buds and things are extra sweet to me now.
So when I bought Vitamin Zero water I had a feeling it would be sweet.
It was. It is. I love it.
Only one flavor though. Peach Mandarin with B vitamins which is good because I need 'em.
They are a buck right now at the store and I can go crazy! The sweetness gets to me after while so I must stop at 2. Which doesn't do it for me fluid wise. So I have to resort to another Crystal Light flavor. Fruit Punch. Can you say KOOL-AID? Yum!
Now if I could only get excited about FOOD this way.
Sigh.
.............
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohhh, I'll have to try the Vitamin water.. Right now I do Gatorade G2 which has saved me.. I can't do Crystal Light at all right now, I had it about a week after surgery and it made me wicked sick/bloated.. So I don't dare try it again!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try that water . . .
ReplyDeleteFruit Punch CL is my life savor. I swear I am bright pink inside now b/c of it :D Green Tea is also good.