Wednesday, January 19, 2011

gotta follow the rules!

Note to self.

FOLLOW the rules. Follow them good. Read them over and over. Drill me on them!

I have had to go back to the days of eating out of teeny tiny bowls with my teeny tiny forks and spoons. I still tend to eat with my eyes and have been eating until I feel discomfort sometimes. Not supposed to do that Marisa!



I have never dumped. Knock on wood. Dumping is the side effect of eating crap-ola. I just get so nauseated. You know me and nausea do not mix well. Hence the picc line :)

Example.

Hmmm....that greasy Top Ramen in that pot looks so darn good. Haven't had pasta in ages. Now I know why.

Two bites and I was on the couch in pain and feeling sick. That sucker must have swelled up 3 times it's shape in me! Guess it's a good thing since carbs were my downfall pre-surgery. Can't even have bread without having a gummy ball stuck in my throat.

I also don't get my minimum 70 grams of protein daily. I am working on it I swear but meat is not my favorite food right now. The chili above sits well in my "pouch" so I'm getting a good dose there.

I was reminded last night in my support group about the importance of protein. I swore everyone was looking at me and my thinning hair thinking Yup. Don't wanna look like her. But I met some women who were under a year post-op like myself and we shared similar stories. It was nice to hear the people who have been out a couple of years and listen to their successes and tips.

So after our little vacation I'm going to start journaling again..getting Weight Watcher nightmares now...and pay attention to my food choices for my health.

Wish me luck!
...........
xo

1 comment:

  1. Follow the rules! lol.

    Noodles are not worth it, but I tried the tofu ones and they taste good and actually feel like you are eating pasta.

    ReplyDelete