The good news is the nausea is gone..and for good per my doctor. At least nausea connected to my surgery. Still not quite sure why I had to be that small percentage to suffer through that like I did!
I'm drinking my fluids. Not the recommended amount yet but much more than I did before. I was never a hydrator so to speak so this is new to me but critical.
Food....yuck. My life was centered around food before this surgery. Eating when I was happy, mad, blah blah. All the time. It never really did comfort me though now that I think back. It was just there.
I need to consume 60-80 grams of protein a day. It's my main source of energy and nutrition since my body needs it. That is hard to do. It's a lot of fish, some meats I can tolerate, beans and that's about all I can do. Protein shakes are still a no-no for me. won't go near them right now.
Then the rest of my plate which is about 2-3 TB is dedicated to veggies. No carbs. I had a bite of rice the other day but didn't miss it. I also had some pizza awhile back and it got stuck :(
I need to eat about 700 calories a day and I honestly think I'm at 400-500. I'm feeling a little on the weak side which is also due to my blood levels. But I make sure I get fluids in because I ain't going to the hospital to be hooked up again.
Vitamins and supplements galore now too. I still have difficulty with larger pills but am getting down the necessary ones. I have to go in to get B12 shots as well because that may be the reason my levels are dropping. When you have this surgery you have malabsorption of calories, which is why you lose weight, and you also cannot absorb certain vitamins. I need to be on them for the rest of my life.
my daily basket of drugs. They have such wonderful side effects..NOT.
So that's the point I am at right now.
Good news?
My clothes are falling off. Not good news when you can't keep up with buying sizes. But my XL shirts are hanging on me. I haven't worn a large in years. I can't shop in my closet right now because I have nothing smaller than a XL. Plus being out of plus sizes is a nice feeling. ;)
...............
xo
Glad you are doing well. Wearing a large is awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteYou don't like shakes or just don't want them? Just curious . . . I love the Eggface recipes.
Not yet ready for shakes. I associate them with how sick I was so it's a mental thing for me right now :( But I have all those recipes flagged in hopes of trying them one year!
ReplyDelete