Can't pig out. Darn.
Can't eat my caramel apple pie. Crap.
Only can have breast meat if it's swimming in gravy. Hmmm...
Then I looked at my lunch that I made while scouring the Black Friday ads. Troy went to pick the kids up at my Dad's and I was in a peaceful house.
Got me thinking.
I would've eaten this lunch in 2 bites about 2 months ago. Inhaled it because I NEVER took my time. I loved food, still do. I was always in a hurry. Not anymore.
It's 2 ounces of chicken salad with 2 crackers. It blows me away that this fills me up and gives me 12 grams of protein at that.
So I thought about Thanksgiving today and what I'll say when we go around the table saying what we are grateful for.
I am grateful for having my health back. For having such a supportive family and friends to help me pull through this. Listening to me cry, whine and be pissed that this was happening to me.
Coming to visit me in the hospital all those times I was there and making me laugh..even though sometime I would end up bawling. Never judging me..ever.
Grateful for finally feeling good.
NOT grateful for the fact that I can only take shots in the bathroom.
And definitely not grateful for the scar tissue from the damn tape on my arm. Pretty huh?
Just so you know I will be eating a little of everything tonight. Just not like I used to. I'm okay with that.
...........
xo
I am glad you are eating :)
ReplyDeleteNice picture of you!
I now have a complication - a stricture! F me!