Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sigh...

This.is.getting.old.

Real quick.

I want my right arm back. I want to shower without wrapping 3 layers of saran wrap around it. I wan to shower without oodles of tape literally peeling off the top layer of my skin.

I want to go a store with a short sleeve shirt on and not have the girl in Joann's tell me it looks like I'm all ready for the weekend with my Ipod on my arm. Huh? Who wears an Ipod with bandage netting over it??

Or the lady in Target who asked me why I had the net on my arm.

Do you really wanna know? Fine. Nosy Nancy.

I whipped up my arm to show my tubes.

She asked if the disease I had could be given to my kids.

You mean if I climb over the counter and rub my disease infested arm on you, will you get it?

Eric couldn't believe she asked that and neither could other customers.

I just told her it's basically keeping me alive. It shut her up and she said she'd pray for me.

Got something good outta that one!

By the way my upper arm is covered with this netting so I don't accidentally pull it out of my arm. I don't go around showing this off. Nope. Not proud of it.

But I really really wanna scratch it. I want the pain of my skin being irritated and raw from the tape to go away. My nurse hates when I put tape over it because I react so bad. I have scar tissue on my arm from where this tape has been. So I am tape free which scares me but I have a clear skin-like covering so I'll last until my weekly dressing change.

So just wanted to say my picc sucks. It's doing it's job but it still sucks.
........
xo

3 comments:

  1. What an ordeal, stay strong! It will be out soon. Sorry you have to deal with ignorant people, don't take it personally, they just don't know. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe that the woman at Target asked you about it!!! People are so weird . . . and nosy. Just because you leave your house gives everyone the right to bother you? WEIRD.

    I am sorry it is so sucky - and that the tape bothers your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it too :) You could have really scared that woman if you wanted too, lol.

    People in the open say alot of things before thinking. It's like when I go out with the kids and have 2 buggies and have kids hanging everywhere and people commenting that I had my hands full. I got so tired of hearing it, and still do. But am I going to keep those people and their weird looks from me getting out of this house and getting what I need? Nope. Just take it like those kinda comments where you let it go in one ear and out the other.

    I am glad though that you are still getting out.
    Strive on! You can do this and are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete