The absolute worse is why I have this catheter in my arm.
Anyways this is right under it for being pure hell.
I have experienced it mildly in the beginning when I was slowly eating. If I ate too fast or didn't chew good enough my food would get stuck. Move down
Not 6 hours!
I was standing in front of a chicken drumstick last night after plating everyone else's food. Bad choice number one. The standing part. I make sure I sit down and eat now and never standing up or I will mindlessly eat.
So I'm picking the meat off, not even wanting the stupid thing but I know I have to eat it, and before I know I put a bigger than usual piece of meat into my mouth and it's gone.
As in I inhaled that sucker as if I was not standing there with rearranged guts!
I felt nothing at first and thought Phew! Safe.
NOPE.
I came upstairs for bed, layed down and the most excruciating chest pain ever hit me. My new stomach pouch is up behind my ribs so when I feel full or any pain, I feel it in the right side of my chest. Thank goodness or else I would've thought I was in cardiac arrest!
Long story short...and gross.
I am writhing in pain all night. It is stuck. Like when food used to get stuck back in the day and I could feel it sloooowly going down and the relief.
No this bad boy was not going anywhere. My mouth started salivating so bad and my stomach was on fire.
I don't vomit. Hated it then and hate it now. I always hear how people will just go shove their finger down the throat to get it out and done.
I fought it last night for 6 hours. But then I couldn't any longer.
I don't throw up like normal people. No bile, no juices, no smell and no sore throat! Yay! Not.
Out came the piece. Yes!!! But the nausea stuck around which haunted me but I knew it was because of this. I still felt something stuck and did not wanna barf so I fell sleep.
I think it has moved along now. I'm going to stick to an almost nada diet today. If anything I might just drink tea.
I hate eating right now and this really set it off for me. I knew I was having a hard time with chicken and this makes me wanna be a vegetarian!!! But I can't.
So there you go. No more wolfing down a piece of chicken and choking all night.
...............
xo
Oh man . . . I can't believe you sat w/ it for 6 hours. OUCH! Isn't it weird how we throw up now. It is odd and gross, but sorta interesting.
ReplyDeleteI have been having this feeling forever (well, 6 weeks?) and go in today for my procedure to get my stricture fixed. Anyhoo, my point is - I know how much it hurts and hope you find other foods to eat and not just go without (even w/ the picc).
xo
ugh what a story, man what a different life all together you are definately expierencing. I'm glad that it's out now for sure. I can totally see how that would be it for a couple of days on food.
ReplyDelete