Why? Probably because I was a bad fluid drinker before surgery and still am.
Also because I'm scared quite honestly. I don't like the way it feels going down, I hate waiting 30 minutes before and after I eat to drink, blah blah.
Plus I have a flippin' picc line! What's it doing in my arm if I don't take advantage of it?
Excuses.
My NP was a little ticked off too because I haven't taken 2 of my hundreds of pills.
I don't take gallstone prevention medication or my Prilosec.
Sorry but they are HUGE! HUGE!!!
So I asked my nutritionist if I could please have some of my Diet Green Tea? It has 12mg caffeine per 8 ounces and she said up to 2 cups a day is ok. Thank you! Can't stomach Crystal light or water. Yuck. But I do eat crushed ice from Bel Air daily. OMG! Heaven.
Anyways I am going to work my way up the fluid chain. I've got some pills that I have to get down soon. All of my vitamins are in my picc so I don't have to worry about that but I was deficient in alot of stuff before surgery and I need to take them.
Anyone else having a hard time swallowing ginormous pills? I don't crush. I don't do sprinkling on foods either.
Screwed. That's what I am. Gotta suck it up.
Also might look for chewable iron. I have to take a certain kind and the one I was taking before surgery won't absorb well.
So that's the challenge I'm trying to work through. The eating part is getting better each day.
I tolerated a few bites of stuffing and pork chop tonight. Mmmm..
..............
xo
I don't have any huge pills to take . . . my Prilosec is very small, but I have to take 2.
ReplyDeleteI bought all chewable - vitamins at TJ's and Calcium at Target. GNC chewables were WAY gross and huge and I wasn't eating them - I decided F that, I need to do this. I am buying different ones. TJ's are good.
Iron options: http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/categoryHandler?cat=Bariatric%20Advantage%20%3A%20Iron
If you like green tea - Crystal Light (I get you don't like it, but giving u ideas :) just made a new one called Green Tea w/ Peach & mango. I buy the individual packets and make it with 24 oz of water in my bottle - not the small 12 they tell you too. It makes it lighter.
HTH!