Friday, November 12, 2010

a food huntin' I shall go

I've always been a fan of Trader Joe's and love that there's one down the street. Good variety and prices.

I always hit this place up while I was on WW but this time is different because I'm not counting anything and I'm not devouring the whole bag, box or carton!

I have to concentrate on protein foremost. Sugar next and fat.

So Eric accompanied me, just so he could get his soy ice cream and because I spoiled him way too much on clothes an hour earlier. He had no choice.

I took photos in case anyone who has had WLS wants to see the goodies I found. I always love when people share their recipes and meal ideas. Or whoever wants to eat something good!





clockwise-

Turkey Bolognese-
1/2 c serving
3 fat
3sugar
7 protein

Grilled chicken burger patty-fully cooked
1 patty
5 fat
0 sugar
25 protein!

Meatless meatballs
6 meatballs
6 fat
4 sugar
16 protein

Hodgepodge
o fat
3 sugar
1 protein



Cooked grilled chicken breast
3 ounces
1.5 fat
0 sugar
22 protein!

Shrimp stirfry
1 3/4 cup
0.5 fat
4 sugar
10 protein




There it is! Yummy. I added a little soy and some furikake.

I still can only eat maybe a 1/2 cup at a sitting so most of those dishes will be alot of leftovers. Saves us money! Not on Tupperware though.

Hope these ideas were helpful!
.............
xo

2 comments:

  1. WOW - those chicken patties have a LOT of protein. I will be looking for those.

    Glad you found some choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all that stuff looked yummo as Rachael Ray says, lol. Good going Marisa!

    ReplyDelete