Monday, March 14, 2011

under the weather

I was forced to rest today. Which is a good thing.

Not feeling too hot lately. Troy stayed home today so I could veg out and watch movies on Roku all day. What a guy!

I think I got a touch of some sort of sickness and to top it off I am starting to feel the effects of being on the low side of potassium. I got a list from my surgeon's office of foods to force down so I can bring up levels naturally.

I picked veggies because I miss them. But boy do they push the protein. I understand why but after eating my portion of protein I am too full to eat anything in the veggie group. But then if I pick the veggie first, well then I won't get protein in.

So...

I made homemade Manhattan Clam Chowder with potassium and protein in one!



And buried my nose in this memoir about a woman battling obesity and having gastric bypass in the end. Good read.


..............
xo

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel much better soon! Eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! That clam chowder looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no.. Hope you are feeling better! I'm a New Englander so I love me some chowder!! How is that book? Do you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better!! I need another book, I think I'll look for that!

    ReplyDelete