Sunday, March 20, 2011

6 months today

That's when I walked into UC Davis and started a whole new and scary chapter in my life.

Rough road physically and mentally. There were times I never thought I would make it through it. I wanted to give up. But I didn't and neither did my family and I am now able to say I am grateful I did this for myself. I have my moments still and gentle reminders of what I endured but even though it took 6 months to feel this way I am sure glad I got over that hump.

Because I was so ill I could not start losing weight the healthy way until a little less than 3 months ago. That was a bummer but 72 lbs lost so far and I am thrilled.

I still don't take a lot of photos with me in them because I still feel like that girl who was 72 lbs heavier. That will take a while to get through.

I am healthier though and happier as well.

It was worth it. There was no other way but this way.

Just sucks I went through hell.

So I thought a face shot will have to do for a visual. I have one in my workout clothes but I look pissed in the photo..probably because I hate doing it sometimes!




2 differences.

1. My face isn't as huge.
2. Mila is not sporting chocolate on the nose in the first one.

Here's to the next 6 months and knowing I'll make it through this time!
..........
xo

4 comments:

  1. You are looking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great of course, looking forward to the next 6 mnths of happiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing awesome and looking amazing!!!! Such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete