Tuesday, March 1, 2011

yummy new recipe

I'm sure everyone usually gets the hint that I need to get that dang protein in.

Meat sucks right now for me. Except pork. But I don't wanna eat pork every single day.

So I pulled out some tilapia that was going to be tossed soon. I don't cook fish a whole lot on the stove. Scares me quite frankly. I usually throw salmon in the oven. Getting tired of salmon now.

Garlic Lime Tilapia

(taken from this awesome blog and modified for my own tastes and fat content. Plus the original is for 6 fillets. Not WLS friendly as a serving!)

  • 1-2 TB margarine
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 Tilapia fillets
  • Cajun seasoning
  • squirt of lime juice a few times around pan

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.

Season the fish with seasoning on both sides of each fillet. Add to the skillet. Cook for several minutes. Flip and cook the other side for a couple minutes. Pour the lime juice into the skillet. Cover and cook the last few minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

This.was.OMG! The garlic and lime rock.



Not quite the balanced dinner I know but haven't had an appetite at all lately. Figured it was good protein!
.........
xo

2 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds good! I love the Baybell cheeses.. I have them all the time for snacks so help get protein in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have meat and cheese all the time - whateve, it works! I should get some Baybells! I forget about those . . . I am a string-cheese-aholic.

    ReplyDelete